Wednesday, October 11, 2017

junk journal review

today some of my art friends in the scavenger hunt thread on wet canvas asked about what  paper my sketch  was  and  I  was set to bore them with me love of the junk journal.  So  I  thought I would enlarge upon that point of pleasure  here.

    this is my first junk journal and I  am  really adore it because it doesn't make me feel committed in any manner.....just doodle,  , paint, drool or mess.......

Can you find the just-a-cut -and- paste- kinda -day.....

there  are some really cool graphics and writtings  on the old 1950's hard bound city directories and old school dictionaries. Makes going to the thrift store a brand new adventure.

There  are oddles of bookbinding tutorials on the internt too.






 You may see  I got crazy with the  bounding threads on the binding edge.  And  orange duct tape with old calandar photos really  are  another fun addition.

   Then,  I  came  home  from shopping one day  and just couldn't put that nice brown paper bag away....so I started making pockets in all my art journals......but  I'll  save  those  for another blog page......heheheh

Here is a poem- I AM-  that really brings out a view point we don't consider......I hope  you  enjoy it.  It did inspire me with a look into the soul of community.
.

1 comment: